Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.04% to 6,405.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.08% to 6,485.90
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,508.08 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$58.95 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was the Credit Corp Group Limited (ASX: CCP) share price which rose by almost 13% after coming out of a trading halt after announcing an acquisition.
The oOh!Media Ltd (ASX: OML) share price plunged 26.2% after downgrading earnings expectations.
The Super Retail Group Ltd (ASX: SUL) share price rose again by 7.4% after yesterday’s report.
But conversely, Blackmores Limited (ASX: BKL) wasn’t spared as its share price dropped by another 5.8% after yesterday’s result.
Finally, the share price of Breville Group Ltd (ASX: BRG) fell by almost 10% today.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Domain swings to huge loss on property pain
- Lynas just got slapped with a radioactive tax
- Telstra reaches $1 billion in asset monetisation after Charter Hall deal
- Westpac may be about to make it harder for borrowers to get a mortgage
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Cochlear Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Blackmores Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Super Retail Group Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Cochlear Ltd. and oOh!Media Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 3 ASX 200 growth shares to buy right now – September 20, 2020 10:38am
- Where I’d invest $20,000 into ASX shares right now – September 20, 2020 7:30am
- 3 ASX growth shares I’d buy today for growth and income – September 19, 2020 9:50am