Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.28% to 6,845.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.24% to 6,928.30
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,425.77 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$64.09 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was the share price of Credit Corp Group Limited (ASX: CCP), it went back up 4.1% after releasing the FY19 report yesterday.
The Orica Ltd (ASX: ORI) share price rose by almost 3% after giving an investor presentation to the market.
The worst performing ASX share price belonged to Bingo Industries Ltd (ASX: BIN), it dropped 3.8%.
Another quarterly update of impressive growth wasn’t enough to move the LiveTiles Ltd (ASX: LVT) share price today, it ended flat.
Finally, the share price of global logistics software business WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC) dropped 3.8%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why I think the Challenger share price is a buy
- Is CBA the best ASX banking share?
- Is the Westpac dividend yield of 9.4% the best ASX banking yield?
- 2 ASX shares for under $5 to add to your portfolio this week
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Crown Resorts Limited, REDBUBBLE FPO, and VOLPARA FPO NZ. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 drops 0.7%, Telstra falls 7.7% – August 13, 2020 5:03pm
- 2 of the best ASX tech shares to buy and hold until 2025 – August 13, 2020 4:11pm
- Why the FY20 result sent the PM Capital Global Opportunities Fund share price up 4% – August 13, 2020 3:13pm