Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.40% to 6,217.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.46% to 6,302.50
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,296.65 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$65.35 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was organic formula business Bellamy’s Australia Ltd (ASX: BAL) again, which went up 12%.
Another strong performer was Bingo Industries Ltd (ASX: BIN) with the company announcing a share buy-back at the same time as getting approval for its acquisition last week.
The Crown Resorts Ltd (ASX: CWN) share price finished up 0.4% with the company not getting financing for the One Queensbridge project.
Finally, debt collector company Collection House Limited (ASX: CLH) ended the day down 1.8% after announcing an acquisition.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Here’s how to beat Warren Buffett at investing
- Are CBA, Westpac, ANZ and NAB about to leave New Zealand?
- Read this before buying FlexiGroup Limited shares for its dividend
- Why the CSL share price is touching $200 again
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Crown Resorts Limited and Dicker Data Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.