Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.41% to 6,194.60
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.45% to 6,305.40
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,206.70 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$78.86 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was lithium business Orocobre Limited (ASX: ORE), it went up by 7% today.
Gold miners had a fairly strong day today, Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited (ASX: SAR) shares went up 5.3%.
Pet business Greencross Limited (ASX: GXL) had investors barking up the right tree today, its share price rose 5.3%.
Finally, resource business BHP Billiton Limited (ASX: BHP) had a good day, its share price went up by 2.5%, making it the strongest of the blue chips to round off the week.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- A2 Milk Company Ltd (ASX:A2M) CEO sells shares: Time to panic?
- This leading broker thinks BWX Ltd (ASX:BWX) shares are in the buy zone
- 3 top growth shares to look at this weekend
- Bank shares like Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ASX:CBA) are facing an inflection point next week
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Greencross Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Flight Centre Travel Group Limited, Greencross Limited, and Premier Investments Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and Xero. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 goes up on Friday – December 4, 2020 4:43pm
- 3 reasons why Pushpay (ASX:PPH) shares could be a buy – December 4, 2020 8:26am
- Here’s why income investors may love Rural Funds (ASX:RFF) – December 4, 2020 7:15am