Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.23% to 5,829.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.22% to 5,924.70
- AUD/USD at US 78 cents
- Gold at US$1,337.78 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$71.86 a barrel
The Blue Sky Alternatives Access Fund Ltd (ASX: BAF) share price finished the day up 2.16% after declaring it would provide more disclosure for investors. However, it wasn’t a great day for Blue Sky Alternative Investments Ltd (ASX: BLA) as it dropped by 2.42%.
One stock has managed double digit gains today, the Seven West Media Ltd (ASX: SWM) share price increased by 12.62% because it won the cricket rights. Although Nine Entertainment Co Holdings Ltd (ASX: NEC) lost the rights the share price finished flat today.
The Fletcher Building Limited (ASX: FBU) share price shot up 8.47% on news that Wesfarmers Ltd (ASX: WES) is perhaps interested in investing in the company. The Wesfarmers share price finished down 0.19%.
Another share to do well today was Infigen Energy Ltd (ASX: IFN), the renewable energy company is also a takeover target according to media reports.
Finally, Bellamy’s Australia Ltd (ASX: BAL) finished the day down 5%, giving up yesterday’s gains.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Dear Malcolm, Here’s some advice…
- This sector is a winner from the Banking Royal Commission with a $150m-$250m windfall
- Are Catapult Group International Ltd shares cheap?
- How should you invest in your 30s?
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Wesfarmers Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 drops 0.3%, gold miners keep rising – September 18, 2020 5:29pm
- Why I think the Brickworks (ASX:BKW) share price is a buy – September 18, 2020 2:49pm
- 4 reasons why Rural Funds (ASX:RFF) is a great ASX dividend share – September 18, 2020 9:36am