Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.23% to 5,991.90
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.21% to 6,106.20
- AUD/USD at US 79.9 cents
- Gold at US$1,331.50 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$68.78 a barrel
The ASX indices have continued falling today, with the ASX200 dipping below 6,000.
The biggest rise in the ASX200 today came from Nine Entertainment Co Holdings Ltd (ASX: NEC), it made for good viewing for its shareholders with a rise of 6.89%.
Fellow TV-related business Seven West Media Ltd (ASX: SWM) also had a great day, with the share price rising by 4.55%.
Today was the day of the old-school media providers. The HT&E Ltd (ASX: HT1) share price rose by 3.75%.
The Domain announcement wasn’t good news for majority shareholder Fairfax Media Limited (ASX: FXJ), which fell by 9.72% today.
Mayne Pharma Group Ltd (ASX: MYX) saw its share price fall by 6.71% today on no news.
Lithium miner Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) couldn’t escape its downward trend, with the share price falling by a further 5.05% today.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- McGrath Ltd share price hammered 12% on updated guidance
- com Ltd shares drop lower on trading update
- Why the Getswift Ltd share price is going to get hammered today
- From US government shutdown to geopolitics: what should investors fear most?
- AFIC reports: NPAT up 15.6%
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- Is the CBA (ASX:CBA) share price a buy for the dividend? – March 2, 2021 5:15pm
- ASX 200 slides lower, A2 Milk surges, Gold Road sinks – March 2, 2021 5:06pm
- 2 ASX shares to buy in March 2021 – March 2, 2021 3:02pm