Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.54% to 6,015.80
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.51% to 6,134.30
- AUD/USD at US 79.5 cents
- Gold at US$1,335.66 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$69.02 a barrel
The ASX indices have had another negative day today and are drifting back towards 6,000.
Resource companies have been the biggest detractors from the ASX200. Lithium miners Galaxy Resources Limited (ASX: GXY) and Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) went down by 3.99% and 5.16%. Meanwhile, Saracen Mineral Holdings Limited (ASX: SAR) fell by 5.16% and Lynas Corporation Ltd (ASX: LYC).
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Bki Investment Co Ltd’s result: Operating profit up 7%
- Transurban Group & Sydney Airport Holdings Pty Ltd: Will rising rates sink these bond proxies?
- Why the Sirtex Medical Limited share price jumped 16% on earnings guidance
- The Afterpay Touch Group Ltd share price is going gangbusters again
- Cryptocurrencies crash lower
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk, AFTERPAY T FPO, and WiseTech Global. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.