Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a quick recap of the Aussie market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.9%
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.8%
- AUD/USD at US 78.58 cents
- Gold at US$1,274 an ounce, down 0.1%
- Oil at US$50.18 a barrel, down 0.8%
Leading the market lower were shares of APA Group (ASX: APA), the gas pipeline giant, and GPT Group (ASX: GPT), the property business. Neither company released a market-sensitive announcement but fell more than 2%.
At the other end of the ASX’s performance table were shares of QBE Insurance Group Ltd (ASX: QBE) which bounced back 2.75% following recent selling pressure caused by a trading update.
In the mid-cap space, shares of a2 Milk Company Ltd (Australia) (ASX: A2M) rose another 5%. Shares of the dairy company have now rallied an eye-popping 208% in 2017.
Here are today’s top stories:
- How to: GetSwift-ly to Financial Incontinence
- 2 growth shares too cheap to miss
- Why these 4 ASX shares are in the red today
- Is it time to buy Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd shares?
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
Motley Fool contributor Owen Raszkiewicz has no position in any of the stocks mentioned.
You can follow Owen on Twitter @OwenRask.
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm