Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished slightly lower on Thursday.
Here’s a quick recap of the Aussie market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) down 0.1%
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) down 0.1%
- AUD/USD at US 75.97 cents
- Gold at US$1,242 an ounce, up 0.2%
- Oil at US$46.04 a barrel, down 3.2%
Westpac Banking Corp (ASX: WBC) was the worst-performing bank share, falling 0.95%. Shares of Westpac have fallen 10% over the past three months.
Here are today’s top stories:
- 2 ways to value National Australia Bank Ltd. shares
- An approaching US / China trade war could smash these ASX blue chips
- You could have paid 1,902x earnings for this share, and still made 100x your money
- 4 dividend shares to beat term deposit rates “at lowest in living memory”
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of National Australia Bank Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm