Looking for a raft of great tech stocks? Try Freelancer Ltd (ASX: FLN), Vocus Group Ltd (ASX: VOC), Webjet Limited (ASX: WEB), Pro Medicus Limited (ASX: PME), Class Ltd (ASX: CL1) and Praemium Ltd (ASX: PPS).
10 ASX technology shares for 2017
- Freelancer Ltd: Freelancer is a $410 million company which provides an online marketplace for freelancers from around the globe to connect with ’employers’ who need jobs done but don’t have the skills or time. From website development to design for NASA, you name it, it’s able to be done on Freelancer.
- Vocus Group: Vocus is the name behind Dodo, Eftel, Primus, Amcom, Commander, M2, NextGen and more. It is Australia’s fourth-largest telecommunications company, worth around $2.7 billion.
- Webjet Limited: Webjet is the name behind the popular online flights, hotels and travel packages website. Despite offering a simple service, Webjet has grown into a $1 billion company.
- Pro Medicus: Pro Medicus is an impressive Melbourne-based company that has developed technology allowing radiologists and doctors to inspect and manipulate x-rays and other imagery from their smart phone.
- Praemium: Praemium has developed a platform for people to invest alongside model portfolios. That is, portfolios run by investment professionals.
- Class Ltd: Class has created an effective ‘software as a service’ (SaaS) product, which accountants and financial advisors use to administer self-managed superannuation funds (SMSFs). The $330 million company appears to be gaining market share at the expense of rivals.
- Integrated Research Limited (ASX: IRI) offers integrated computer system diagnostics and reporting software for international clients. It allows companies to monitor their critical computer systems and detect security threats.
- iSentia Group Ltd (ASX: ISD): iSentia is a media monitoring and marketing business. In a world of more news, iSentia keeps publishers abreast of the latest information and helps them structure market campaigns.
- Hansen Technologies Limited (ASX: HSN). Hansen Technologies provides software used by call centres and big businesses to administer large client bases. The $630 million company’s share price has fallen 15% in a month.
- Cochlear Limited (ASX: COH): Cochlear is the biotechnology business responsible for bringing hearing back to hundreds of thousands of people worldwide. The $7.5 billion company has an enviable track record.
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Class Limited and Hansen Technologies. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm