Today the S&P Dow Jones Indices announced the results of its quarterly re-balance for the Australian stock market.
Whilst every index is reviewed and re-balanced, quarterly changes to the S&P/ASX300 (ASX: XKO) (Index: ^AXKO) are always the most interesting.
That’s because many Australian investors who invest directly through their managed superannuation provider are precluded from investing in any company which isn’t big enough to get into the ASX300.
Companies which are added to the ASX300 will get more coverage from analysts, index funds and fund managers, providing impetus for further share price increases.
Today’s announcement of the quarterly rebalance has afforded investors a look at some of the best up-and-coming stocks to keep your eye on.
In no particular order, here are 10 of the latest additions to the S&P/ASX300:
- Affinity Education Group Ltd (ASX: AFJ) – a childcare centre owner and operator.
- NIB Holdings Ltd (ASX: NHF) – one of Australia’s leading health insurance providers.
- Ooh!Media Ltd (ASX: OML) – an Out of Home media and advertising company (think billboards and retail signs, etc.)
- FAR Ltd (ASX: FAR) – a $300 million oil and gas explorer.
- Impedimed Limited (ASX: IPD) – A developer and distributor of medical devices utilising bioimpedance spectroscopy (BIS).
- IPH Ltd (ASX: IPH) – a promising company which services the intellectual property markets of the Asia-Pacific.
- Nanosonics Ltd. (ASX: NAB) – a developer of medical devices for infection control.
- Hansen Technologies Limited (ASX: HSN) – provides billing, customer care and IT solutions.
- Shine Corporate Ltd (ASX: SHJ) – a leading Australian personal injury law firm.
- GBST Holdings Limited (ASX: GBT) – a software and services provider for the financial services industry.
Should you buy these companies now?
If you’re looking to add a little more oomph to your portfolio’s returns in 2015, you should add each of these stocks to your watchlist today. I’ll be combing over each of these stocks to see what they have to offer, I suggest you do the same.
But before rushing out to buy these 10 companies you should know Scott Phillips, lead investment advisor of Motley Fool Share Advisor, has just announced his #1 stock pick of 2015. Not only is it a fast growing tech company which boasts a juicy fully franked dividend, but its shares look like a great buy today! And right now, you can get its name and stock code for free in our brand-new investment report!
Simply click here, enter your email address, and we'll send you a copy!
It's that simple - No credit card details or payment required.
Last chance: Just click here to grab your copy.
Motley Fool Contributor Owen Raszkiewicz owns shares of Shine Corporate Ltd and NIB Holdings. Owen welcomes your feedback on Google plus (see below) or you can follow him on Twitter @ASXinvest.