As we enter what is often referred to as “confession season” – the period leading up to August reporting season when companies are obligated to inform the market if their results will be out of line with expectations – investors are already getting a taste of things to come with a number of companies including Reject Shop Ltd (ASX: TRS) hosing down earnings guidance.
The weak economic growth being experienced by many companies just reinforces how important high yielding, dividend-paying stocks can be to a portfolio. Luckily there are still a number of opportunities out there for investors to secure high yields.
1) Bradken Limited (ASX: BKN) is forecast to pay dividends in financial year (FY) 2015 totalling 27.7 cents per share (cps) according to Morningstar research. This implies the stock is trading on a forecast fully franked dividend yield of 7.9%.
2) McPherson’s Ltd (ASX: MCP) is forecast to pay fully franked dividends totalling 12.5 cps in FY 2015, implying a huge yield of 11.1%.
4) MaxiTANS Industries Limited (ASX: MXI) is forecast to pay dividends totalling 7.8 cps in FY 2015. At the current share price, this equates to a forecast fully franked yield of 8.7%.
5) WDS Limited (ASX: WDS) is forecast to grow its dividend from 7 cps in FY 2014 to 8 cps in FY 2015. If it manages to achieve this, then the stock is trading on a forecast yield of 8.3%.
6) Countplus Ltd (ASX: CUP) is forecast to maintain a steady dividend of 12 cps from FY 2013 through FY 2015. This forecast implies a dividend yield of 6.8%.