The S&P / ASX 200 Index (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) has record its sixth straight day of gains, rising 0.4% to 5,373.1. The Information technology sector gained 2.1%, followed by metals & mining on 1.5% and materials with a gain of 1.3%.
Here are the top five best performing stocks in the index today.
- SMS Management & Technology (ASX: SMX) climbed 6.4% to $4.64
- Atlas Iron (ASX: AGO) rose 6.1% to $1.05
- Bradken (ASX: BKN) gained 5.7% to $6.45
- Alacer Gold Corp (ASX: AQG) added 4.6% to $2.99
- McMillan Shakespeare (ASX: MMS) closed up 4.5% at $12.81
These stocks were the losers on the day.
- Sundance Resources (ASX: SDL) crashed down 15.4% to 11 cents
- Qantas Airways (ASX: QAN) dropped 3.3% to $1.305
- Dexus Property Group (ASX: DXS) lost 3.2% to $1.05
- Forge Group (ASX: FGE) fell 3.2% to $4.88
- Downer EDI (ASX: DOW) closed down 2.9% at $5.00
Every Aussie investor knows Telstra, but only the smart money is on the move now… Discover whether you should buy, sell or hold Telstra shares in our brand-new report, written by a top Motley Fool analyst. It’s free, click here for your instant download!
- Blackmores needs a boost
- OzForex sees growth ahead
- 4 companies to balance out your portfolio
- 4 high earnings growers to pick up your portfolio
Motley Fool writer/analyst Mike King owns shares in McMillan Shakespeare.