Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.25% to 6.804.90
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.21% to 6,921.60
- AUD/USD at US 70 cents
- Gold at US$1,514.99 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$68.37 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the lithium miner Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS), its share price went up 9.4%.
Indeed, the lithium sector had a pretty solid day today, the share price of Orocobre Limited (ASX: ORE) rose 3.5%.
The share price of Sydney Airport Holdings Pty Ltd (ASX: SYD) fell 4.2% after going ex-dividend.
The Bank of Queensland Limited (ASX: BOQ) share price is down 0.3% after the regional bank completed its share purchase plan.
The announcement of a consultation services contract for the first Egyptian nuclear power plant wasn’t enough to stop the Worley Ltd (ASX: WOR) share price falling around 0.5%.
The share price of Fluence Corporation Ltd (ASX: FLC) went up almost 4% after winning a follow-on order from Kaitian.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 3 ASX dividend shares to buy for 2020 and beyond
- How to make a $1 million ASX share portfolio by investing $1,000 a month
- Westpac tips rate cuts, QE, and house price increases in 2020
- This is where you should be focusing your investing in 2020
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of and recommends Pro Medicus Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Sydney Airport Holdings Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Pro Medicus Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 closes 0.4% higher, Cochlear share price up 6% – July 3, 2020 5:21pm
- 10 FY21 ASX share picks revealed by Bell Potter – July 1, 2020 6:06pm
- ASX 200 finishes 0.6% higher, Aussie house prices fall – July 1, 2020 5:24pm