Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.48% to 6,825.80
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.47% to 6,911.40
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,414.84 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$63.10 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was the share price of buy now, pay later company Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT) which rose around 4% after announcing who would be doing its AUSTRAC audit.
The AFR made reference today to allegations regarding links between criminals and the junket operators Crown Resorts Ltd (ASX: CWN) uses to funnel gamblers to its casinos, sending the share price down 3.2%.
The share price of Bubs Australia Ltd (ASX: BUB) climbed almost 6% as the infant formula company revealed an impressive quarter.
Lynas Corporation Ltd (ASX: LYC) suffered a share price fall of over 2% after the resource business announced its quarterly numbers.
The EML Payments Ltd (ASX: EML) share priced increased by 2.2% as it acquired the last 25% of PerfectCard.
Finally, the share price of National Veterinary Care Ltd (ASX: NVL) climbed over 7% after announcing another acquisition to the market.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Take stock: Why Barnaby Joyce is struggling to make ends meet
- 2 ETFs to buy for wealth and simple investing
- Are these alternative ASX banking shares the best dividend stocks for yield?
- Healius flags underlying profit to hit “low end” of guidance, looks for new CFO
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of NATVETCARE FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Crown Resorts Limited and Emerchants Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended BUBS AUST FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 rises, Zip (ASX:Z1P) flies, bank ratings upgraded – April 13, 2021 4:54pm
- Is the Fortescue (ASX:FMG) share price an attractive opportunity? – April 13, 2021 3:17pm
- 2 exciting small cap ASX shares to buy – April 13, 2021 9:30am