Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.002% to 6,268.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.03% to 6,351.90
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,244.55 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$73.94 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Mineral Resources Limited (ASX: MIN), it went up 5%.
WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC) shares went up another 4.7% today, meaning it’s gone up around 10% in just two days.
Finally, the share price of Rural Funds Group (ASX: RFF) climbed 1.5% after coming out of its trading halt due to announcing a capital raising to fund its feedlot acquisitions.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Citigroup warns that Coles is posing a new threat to Woolworths Group Ltd (ASX:WOW)
- 5 reasons to buy Hansen Technologies Limited (ASX:HSN) shares today
- Telstra (ASX:TLS) & TPG Telecom Ltd reportedly set for 5G mobile bidding war
One of our investors has recently returned from a research trip to Silicon Valley... and has a warning for fellow investors:
Because he works for an organization dedicated to spreading great investing ideas, his video report is free today... so you can see it and decide for yourself.
Don't miss your chance click here to learn about this warning and how you might be able to profit!
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Ramsay Health Care Limited and RURALFUNDS STAPLED. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended RURALFUNDS STAPLED and Sydney Airport Holdings Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Integrated Research Limited and Ramsay Health Care Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.