Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.27% to 6,177.80
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.26% to 6,273.30
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,253.80 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$78.50 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Orocobre Limited (ASX: ORE), it went up by 5%.
Pharmacy business Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ASX: API) seems to have caught some of the negativity, it dropped by 6.8% today too.
Bellamy’s Australia Ltd (ASX: BAL) shares dropped by 3.9% today, which wasn’t a good start to FY18 for the infant formula company.
Vet business Apiam Animal Health Ltd (ASX: AHX) fell by 9.3% today after giving market guidance for the FY18 result.
The share price of logistics software business WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC) was one of the best ASX 200 performers, it increased by 3.1%.
Finally, Automotive Holdings Group Ltd (ASX: AHG) fell by 8.8% after the sale of its refrigerated logistics business was terminated.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- The chart that has Shane Oliver suggesting rates might stay on hold until 2020
- Bubble Trouble? This ‘new paradigm’ brings huge risks for share market investors
- Australian house prices are officially heading lower
- Time to sell the big banks?
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Apiam Animal Health Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Automotive Holdings Group Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.