Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.31% to 6,215.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.24% to 6,305.80
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,253.40 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$77.42 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was NIB Holdings Limited (ASX: NHF), it went up 5.5% after receiving a broker upgrade. On the flip side of that, Ramsay Health Care Limited (ASX: RHC) fell by 0.41%.
Another top performer today was Beach Energy Ltd (ASX: BPT), it went up 5.3% after the oil price went up again.
Several shares that have significant exposure to the US economy went down today. WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC) fell 6.3%, Altium Limited (ASX: ALU) dropped 3.8% and Nanosonics Ltd (ASX: NAN) declined by 3.7%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- It’s official: Cash is dying. One graph tells the tale
- 90% of property-investing SMSFs given dodgy advice
- Will Facebook launch a cryptocurrency bigger than bitcoin?
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Altium and Ramsay Health Care Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Dicker Data Limited, Nanosonics Limited, and PRO Medicus Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Altium and WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended NIB Holdings Limited and Ramsay Health Care Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Got $1,000? You should buy one of these 8 ASX shares – October 24, 2020 9:28am
- Here’s my top ASX share to buy and hold through the 2020s – October 24, 2020 8:45am
- Why Rural Funds (ASX:RFF) is a great ASX dividend share – October 24, 2020 7:30am