Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.29% to 6,054.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.29% to 6,168.80
- AUD/USD at US 80 cents
- Gold at US$1,333.55 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$69.82 a barrel
The ASX indices have strengthened further today, with the ASX200 cementing its level above 6,000.
The Macquarie Atlas Roads Limited (ASX: MQA) share price went up by 3.45% as the market reacted further to its toll revenue and traffic statistics update for the quarter.
St Barbara Ltd (ASX: SBM) was one of the worst performers in the ASX200 today, the gold miner fell by 4.16% on news of a broker downgrade.
The Murray River Organics Ltd (ASX: MRG) share price fell by over 10% today after another downgrade and then the shareholders removed the board.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Here’s 10 top stocks I’m tipping for a great 2018
- Bitcoin (BTC) dealt another major blow
- Can shareholders expect capital returns from QBE Insurance Group Ltd?
- Getswift Ltd shares are now suspended until tomorrow
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Cochlear Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.