Going into the holiday season, we are all thinking of festive times, the family get-togethers and the vacations we’ve been planning for.
One thing you probably don’t want to spoil the party is wondering where the stock market and your investments are headed in 2015. But if you want to buy more stock, actually you should want the ASX to go down.
Ideally, you want the stocks of quality companies, like the ones listed below, to be as cheap as chips. The less you pay when you buy, the higher the return and dividend yield you get. That’s why Foolish investors don’t fret over market sell-offs and investor worries.
Like Warren Buffett, the billionaire investor, is well known for saying,
Be fearful when others are greedy and be greedy when others are fearful
The Australian economic outlook is not all sunshine. The resources sector is down and there are concerns about the jobs market and wages.
However, there are definitely good dividend payers out there, so if they slip in price, that makes them cheaper and you can buy more shares. Let’s start with these two solid income stocks.
1) National Australia Bank Ltd. (ASX: NAB) has the reputation of being a business bank. It’s yielding a whopping 6.2% fully franked, the highest of the big four banks. Soon it may sell or spin off its UK businesses which have held back the bank’s growth. If that could be done, it may be a catalyst for better performance, which could lead to higher dividends in the future.
2) IOOF Holdings Limited (ASX: IFL), a financial services provider that does portfolio administration for superannuation and investment trusts, has been a steady dividend grower over the past 5 – 10 years. Superannuation funds are very popular for people preparing for retirement, so you could build up your own retirement savings with the strong dividends of this company. It yields 5.4% fully franked. I especially like this one because of the long-term nature of the business.
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
Motley Fool contributor Darryl Daté-Shappard does not own shares in any company mentioned.
- BHP Billiton Limited or Greencross Limited: Which should you buy? – April 20, 2015 4:27pm
- Buy these 3 stocks for a super retirement – April 20, 2015 12:51pm
- Coca-Cola Amatil Ltd, Flight Centre Travel Group Ltd and Super Retail Group Ltd: On the rise and ready to buy – April 20, 2015 11:34am