Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.33% to 7,139.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.34% to 7,230.40
- AUD/USD at US 66 cents
- Gold at US$1,630.84 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$58.71 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was NRW Holdings Limited (ASX: NWH), its share price rose 7%.
Finally, the share price of Bell Financial Group Ltd (ASX: BFG) rose by 5% after reporting its result.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Where I’d invest my first $500 into ASX shares
- The ‘Aussie Nasdaq’ ASX All Tech Index launches today. Here’s a sneak peek.
- 3 ASX dividend shares raising their dividends like clockwork
- Fund managers have been buying these ASX shares this week
The Fool investment team have identified these ASX shares that could be worth a place in your portfolio.
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 3 reasons why Pushpay (ASX:PPH) shares could be a buy – December 4, 2020 8:26am
- Here’s why income investors may love Rural Funds (ASX:RFF) – December 4, 2020 7:15am
- ASX 200 rises on Thursday – December 3, 2020 5:25pm