Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.39% to 6,976.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.47% to 7,080.90
- AUD/USD at US 67 cents
- Gold at US$1,558.11 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$54.63 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was lithium miner Orocobre Limited (ASX: ORE), its share price rose almost 19%. Fellow lithium miner Pilbara Minerals Ltd (ASX: PLS) also experienced a big share price jump of 11.3%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 2 ASX shares to buy for rock solid retirement income
- Sorry, Motley. I’m out of here…
- This is where I’d invest $1,000 right now into shares
- Why this small cap ASX share zoomed 7% higher today
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Computershare. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Is the CBA (ASX:CBA) share price a buy for the dividend? – March 2, 2021 5:15pm
- ASX 200 slides lower, A2 Milk surges, Gold Road sinks – March 2, 2021 5:06pm
- 2 ASX shares to buy in March 2021 – March 2, 2021 3:02pm