Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.17% to 6,654.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.11% to 6,765.30
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,493.98 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$58.90 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the Nearmap Ltd (ASX: NEA) share price, it went up almost 6%.
The share price of Southern Cross Media Group Ltd (ASX: SXL) fell 18.4% after it gave a disappointing trading update with revenues lower. The Nine Entertainment Co Holdings Ltd (ASX: NEC) share price dropped 6.2% today too.
Another share price to drop heavily was the share price of Nick Scali Limited (ASX: NCK), it fell by 14% after warning that so far in FY20 its foot traffic and same store sales were lower, which would hurt the December half-year result. The Harvey Norman Holdings Limited (ASX: HVN) share price declined 6.2% as well.
The Cooper Energy Ltd. (ASX: COE) share price rose 4%, it announced its quarterly report and announced a new gas discovery.
Finally, the share price of Evolution Mining Ltd (ASX: EVN) fell 0.3% after announcing its quarterly report with record cashflow.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Are these signs that Australia is entering a recession?
- Is the dress blue and black or white and gold?
- I think this ETF could be the best option for dividends and growth right now
- 5 shares I’d put in a $1 million growth portfolio
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Nearmap Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Nearmap Ltd. and Nine Entertainment Co. Holdings Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 10 FY21 ASX share picks revealed by Bell Potter – July 1, 2020 6:06pm
- ASX 200 finishes 0.6% higher, Aussie house prices fall – July 1, 2020 5:24pm
- ASX 200 rises 1.4%, Collins Foods delivers tasty returns – June 30, 2020 5:58pm