Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 1.53% to 6,639.90
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 1.45% to 6,753.30
- AUD/USD at US 67 cents
- Gold at US$1,476.34 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$59.37 a barrel
The worst performer on today’s share market day was the Hub24 Ltd (ASX: HUB) share price which fell 7%.
The share price of Decmil Group Limited (ASX: DCG) bucked the trend by rising 3.5% after the Mordialloc Freeway contract award.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 2 great ASX dividend shares giving their shareholders payrises every year
- Is now the time to buy the Vanguard Australian Share ETF for dividends?
- These are the 10 most popular shares to buy for SMSF investors
- Big news for Woodside Petroleum investors
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Hub24 Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of National Australia Bank Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Hub24 Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.