Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.18% to 6,181.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.13% to 6,299.30
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,199.25 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$82.21 a barrel
Shares of remote data business Speedcast International Limited (ASX: SDA) went up 6.1% after making an announcement regarding its incremental term loan pricing.
Market darling Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT) saw its share price rise another 4.9% today after news broke that it was now working with dentists.
Property business Cromwell Group (ASX: CMW) saw its value fall 2.3% today likely due to the US Fed raising interest rates. Gold miners also didn’t have a good day, also likely because of US interest rates. The Evolution Mining Limited (ASX: EVN) share price dropped 2.6%, making it the worst fall of the large gold miners.
Finally, Eclipx Group Ltd (ASX: ECX) shares went up 5% today, making it one of the top-performing ASX 200 businesses.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- New legal headache to weigh on shares of National Australia Bank Ltd. (ASX:NAB)
- Will there be several more Australian mortgage interest hikes due to the US Fed?
- Top broker says only one thing can help us avoid an impending profit downgrade cycle
Discover why this legendary Australian stock-picker just issued a “Double Down” buy alert to his exclusive group of insiders… and why he’s convinced this might be the single most attractive entry point for years to come.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Ramsay Health Care Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and Xero. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Ramsay Health Care Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.