Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a quick recap of the Aussie market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.1%
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.1%
- AUD/USD at US 78.28 cents
- Gold at US$1,285 an ounce, down 1.2%
- Oil at US$52.03 a barrel, up 0.3%
Despite their gains, neither blue chip company reported any material news to the market.
Further down the market shares of technology companies XERO FPO NZ (ASX: XRO) and WiseTech Corporation Ltd (ASX: WTC) gained more than 5%. Xero is the rapidly-growing Kiwi cloud accounting software company which was recently admitted into the ASX’s top 300 companies. WiseTech is the global logistics software business. Both companies have witnessed their shares rally strongly in recent months.
Fortescue Metals Group Limited (ASX: FMG) reversed yesterday’s gains to fall 2.7%.
Here are today’s top stories:
- How safe is your money in Wesfarmers Ltd shares?
- Leading brokers name 2 ASX shares to buy today
- 2 shares to own for the next 10 years
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Wesfarmers Limited, WiseTech Global, and Xero. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm