The S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a quick recap of global markets:
- FTSE 100 (UK): up 0.4%
- Dow Jones (USA): flat
- NASDAQ (USA): up 0.1%
Here are today’s key stats:
- ASX 200: down 0.7%
- All Ordinaries: down 0.8%
- Australian dollar (A$) (AUDUSD): 74.31 cents
- Gold price: up 0.9%
- Copper: up 0.1%
- WTI Crude Oil: up 1.8%
However, ALS shares have been rallying ever since it reported its full-year results last week.
Also staging a comeback were shares of Ten Network Holdings Limited (ASX: TEN), the embattled television channel.
At the other end of the market, Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Ltd. (ASX: DMP) slumped following what seems to be a bearish analyst note. IT software business DWS Ltd (ASX: DWS) fell 9% while Apiam Animal Health Ltd (ASX: AHX) fell again following a disappointing update last week.
Here are today’s top stories:
- Are you your own worst enemy?
- Big changes ahead for the banks
- Why are short sellers targeting Domino’s?
- Here are 3 ASX shares leading brokers think you should sell
These 3 stocks could be the next big movers in 2020
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.
*Returns as of 6/8/2020
The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Sydney Airport Holdings Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm