Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.36% to 6,638.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.36% to 6,752.20
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,493.04 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$62.77 a barrel
Growth shares had a pretty rough day, the worst performer in the ASX 200 was the Pro Medicus Ltd (ASX: PME) share price which declined by 8.3%.
The Appen Ltd (ASX: APX) share price was another to suffer, it fell by 5.2%.
The Syrah Resources Ltd (ASX: SYR) share price recovered almost 14% today after yesterday’s plunge due to reducing its output.
Investors seem to be taking profit on iSignthis Ltd (ASX: ISX), the fintech’s share price dropped 14.3% today.
Finally, the share price of rare earth miner Lynas Corporation Ltd (ASX: LYC) rose another 6.6% today.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 3 ASX tech small caps I’d buy for my portfolio
- Is the RBA interest rate going to hit 0% in 2020?
- Apple announces iPhone 11 Pro and AppleTV+ are coming to Australia very soon
- Why FINEOS Corporation could be the next $1 billion ASX software company
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. recommends Pro Medicus Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Dicker Data Limited and Pro Medicus Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Appen Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 2 ASX shares that are absurdly cheap right now – August 5, 2020 5:50pm
- ASX 200 drops 0.6%, Telstra sells data centre for $416.7 million – August 5, 2020 5:18pm
- 3 property shares I’d rather buy over an investment property – August 5, 2020 3:34pm