Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.71% to 6,618.18
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.65% to 6,699.20
- AUD/USD at US 70 cents
- Gold at US$1,416.56 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$66.10 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was the Pact Group Holdings Ltd (ASX: PGH) share price which grew by another 10.6%.
The Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT) share price dropped 8.8% today, erasing a lot of the gains made this week.
The share price of resources business Oil Search Limited (ASX: OSH) fell 1.8% as it revealed its plans for investing an extra US$450 million into Alaskan oil fields.
The Challenger Ltd (ASX: CGF) share price ended the day 0.9% higher after announcing an update about its US dollar denominated annuities for the Japanese market.
The share price of Growthpoint Properties Australia Ltd (ASX: GOZ) fell 3.4% after returning to trade following its capital raising.
Organic infant formula business Bellamy’s Australia Ltd (ASX: BAL) saw its share price rise 4.5% today.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- How are my 10 top shares for 2019 performing?
- Are these the best ASX shares for passive income?
- 3 easy ASX investments for beginners
- Is it time to buy the Vanguard Australian Share ETF?
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Bravura Solutions Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Challenger Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Bellamy's Australia, Bravura Solutions Ltd, and GBST Holdings Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 10 FY21 ASX share picks revealed by Bell Potter – July 1, 2020 6:06pm
- ASX 200 finishes 0.6% higher, Aussie house prices fall – July 1, 2020 5:24pm
- ASX 200 rises 1.4%, Collins Foods delivers tasty returns – June 30, 2020 5:58pm