Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.89% to 6,300.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.85% to 6,391.50
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,229.90 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$74.34 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC), the logistics tech company went up by 4%.
Resource business Sandfire Resources NL (ASX: SFR) also fell heavily, its shares declined 8.3%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why I’d buy Alphabet Inc (Google) before Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ASX:CBA) shares
- This fund manager thinks Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX:APT) shares could hit $25 to $50 in a year
- The real reason Coca-Cola Amatil Ltd (ASX:CCL) is popping higher today
One of our investors has recently returned from a research trip to Silicon Valley... and has a warning for fellow investors:
Because he works for an organization dedicated to spreading great investing ideas, his video report is free today... so you can see it and decide for yourself.
Don't miss your chance click here to learn about this warning and how you might be able to profit!
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Magellan Flagship Fund Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Treasury Wine Estates Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.