Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.52% to 6,210.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.47% to 6,302.80
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,242.57 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$77.90 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Beach Energy Ltd (ASX: BPT), it went up by 5.7%.
Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ASX: API) dropped by 6% as worries surrounding the pharmacy industry continue, particularly with Amazon entering the pharmacy scene in the US.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 3 things you need to know about the RBA’s interest rate decision today
- 3 types of companies to avoid during a market crash
- Can this stock follow the surge in the share price of Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX:APT)?
- Orocobre Limited (ASX:ORE) on second day of rises after production updates
One of our investors has recently returned from a research trip to Silicon Valley... and has a warning for fellow investors:
Because he works for an organization dedicated to spreading great investing ideas, his video report is free today... so you can see it and decide for yourself.
Don't miss your chance click here to learn about this warning and how you might be able to profit!
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of InvoCare Limited and NATVETCARE FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Telstra Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of NATVETCARE FPO. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended InvoCare Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.