Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.24% to 6,210.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.21% to 6,308.70
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,270.00 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$74.24 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Australian Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (ASX: API), it went up by 6.64% after announcing an acquisition.
Credit Corp Group Limited (ASX: CCP) shares increased by 6.36% after last week’s negative reaction due to a negative short seller report.
The Northern Star Resources Ltd (ASX: NST) share price went up 5.4% with gold prices going up in recent times.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 3 stocks I would probably look at taking some profit from this week
- Why L1 Capital’s Long Short Fund still looks a good bet
- Should long-term investors own Woodside Petroleum Limited (ASX:WPL)?
One of our investors has recently returned from a research trip to Silicon Valley... and has a warning for fellow investors:
Because he works for an organization dedicated to spreading great investing ideas, his video report is free today... so you can see it and decide for yourself.
Don't miss your chance click here to learn about this warning and how you might be able to profit!
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Vocus Communications Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.