Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 1.16% to 6,172.60
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 1.06% to 6,274.60
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,276.95 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$75.47 a barrel
The best-performing ASX200 share today was logistics technology company WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC), it finished the day up 5.7%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Can the Australian Ethical Investments Limited (ASX:AEF) share price double again?
- What you need to know about Telstra’s (ASX:TLS) plan to split in two and sack 8,000 staff
- Why I’m putting a sell on Qantas Airways Limited (ASX:QAN) shares
One of our investors has recently returned from a research trip to Silicon Valley... and has a warning for fellow investors:
Because he works for an organization dedicated to spreading great investing ideas, his video report is free today... so you can see it and decide for yourself.
Don't miss your chance click here to learn about this warning and how you might be able to profit!
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Sydney Airport Holdings Limited, Telstra Limited, and Vocus Communications Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of WiseTech Global. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.