MENU

Rupert Murdoch earns $79,213 per day!

The total compensation for founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of media company Twenty-First Century Fox (ASX: FOX) Mr Rupert Murdoch for the financial year ending 30 June 2013 has been revealed. In a proxy statement lodged last Friday the company revealed on page 67 of the 117 page document that Mr Murdoch had earned a total of US$28.9 million. including changes in pension value and other items.

Assuming a seven-day working week, Mr Murdoch earned US$79,213 each and every day over the 12-month period. When broken down, 67% of the total was described as performance-based incentive compensation with the remaining 33% described as base salary.

The second highest paid employee during FY2013 at Twenty-First Century Fox was the Chief Operating Officer Mr Chase Carey who took home a total package worth US$27 million, while the third highest paid staff member was Deputy Chief Operating Officer Mr James Murdoch with a total compensation package of US$17 million.

Wondering how to boost your income? Discover The Motley Fool’s favourite income idea for 2013-2014 in our brand-new, FREE research report, including a full investment analysis! Simply click here for your FREE copy of “The Motley Fool’s Top Dividend Stock for 2013-2014.”

More reading


Motley Fool contributor Tim McArthur owns shares in Twenty-First Century Fox.

Two New Stock Picks Every Month!

Not to alarm you, but you’re about to miss a very important event! Chief Investment Advisor Scott Phillips and his team at Motley Fool Share Advisor are about to reveal their latest official stock recommendation. The premium “buy alert” will be unveiled to members and you can be among the first to act on the tip.

Don’t let this opportunity pass you by – this is your chance to get in early!

Simply enter your email now to find out how you can get instant access.

By clicking this button, you agree to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. We will use your email address only to keep you informed about updates to our website and about other products and services we think might interest you. You can unsubscribe from Take Stock at anytime. Please refer to our Financial Services Guide (FSG) for more information.