Regulators, credit ratings agencies, and investors became increasingly concerned regarding the size of MF Global’s exposure to European sovereign debt. A credit rating downgrade was all it took to spark a liquidity crisis, and MF Global found itself unable to meet margin calls and client redemptions, ultimately forcing the broker into bankruptcy. Click the image below to enlarge.
The Story so Far
- Where the Money Jon Corzine?
- The Astonishing Collapse of MF Global
- MF Global Disaster: How the Trade Was Supposed to Work
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
- Top ASX shares to buy in March 2021 – March 1, 2021 8:52am
- Motley Fool CIO Scott Phillips talks to Sky News: Crown’s woes continue, a dividend ‘supercycle’, and falling energy prices – February 23, 2021 12:52pm
- Motley Fool CIO, Scott Phillips, talks to Sky News: Tesla’s bitcoin bandwagon, and ASX dividends back on menu – February 9, 2021 2:39pm