Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.36% to 6,649.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.42% to 6,735.40
- AUD/USD at US 70 cents
- Gold at US$1,421.42 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$63.76 a barrel
However it was a rough day for Cimic Group Ltd (ASX: CIM) which dropped around 19% on a disappointing June 2019 result.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Is the ASX banking sector going to cause the next crash?
- 3 ASX shares I plan to hold til I’m 100
- Nearmap flags profit hit, but is it a top growth share to buy?
- A solid ASX healthcare share for beginners
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of June 30th
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 3 ASX dividend shares raising their dividends like clockwork – August 5, 2020 7:50am
- ASX 200 jumps 2% higher, Afterpay soars – August 4, 2020 5:12pm
- I don’t normally buy ETFs, but I would invest in these 2 – August 4, 2020 3:57pm