Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.64% to 5,693.70
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.63% to 5,786.40
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,222.70 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$67.27 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was lithium miner Orocobre Limited (ASX: ORE), it went up 7.5%.
The share price of Viva Energy Group Ltd (ASX: VEA) fell 12.2% after reducing its profit guidance.
It was a tough day for some technology shares including Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT) which fell 8.8%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why the Hub24 Ltd share price is soaring today
- This small cap underperformer is finally starting to win back investors
- Why I think Costa Group Holdings Ltd (ASX:CGC) is a buy right now
- Lithium miner AVZ Minerals Ltd (ASX:AVZ) storms higher: Should you invest?
Where to invest $1,000 right now
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*
Scott just revealed what he believes are the five best ASX stocks for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they are great buys right now.
*Returns as of February 15th 2021
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of Propel Funeral Partners Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- ASX 200 rises, Zip (ASX:Z1P) flies, bank ratings upgraded – April 13, 2021 4:54pm
- Is the Fortescue (ASX:FMG) share price an attractive opportunity? – April 13, 2021 3:17pm
- 2 exciting small cap ASX shares to buy – April 13, 2021 9:30am