Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Tuesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 1.05% to 5,843.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 1.02% to 5,944.90
- AUD/USD at US 71 cents
- Gold at US$1,223.80 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$79.47 a barrel
Shares of organic infant formula business Bellamy’s Australia Ltd (ASX: BAL) rose 4.7% today, making it one of the strongest risers.
Gold miner Resolute Mining Limited (ASX: RSG) dropped 11.3% after giving investors its quarterly activities report.
Energy businesses AGL Energy Limited (ASX: AGL) and Origin Energy Ltd (ASX: ORG) fell 2.7% and 4.4% respectively, with the government announcing it will set a default tariff for house electricity which should act as a cap on prices.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why Transurban Group (ASX:TCL) could be the best dividend share for the next 20 years
- Here’s why I don’t regret selling my shares in Asaleo Care Ltd (ASX:AHY)
- Why this top broker thinks Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ASX:ANZ) will underperform in short-term
- Why I’m investing in this industry at the moment
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.