Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.17% to 6,339.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.21% to 6,426.20
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,175.11 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$71.36 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Ausdrill Limited (ASX: ASL), it climbed up an impressive 14% after positive credit ratings announcements.
The share price of Link Administration Holdings Ltd (ASX: LNK) climbed 6.3% after reporting a 67% increase in operating profit.
Real estate investment trust (REIT) Goodman Group (ASX: GMG) shares climbed 5.3% after reporting another increase in operating earnings.
The Estia Health Ltd (ASX: EHE) share price fell 5.1% today after reporting its annual result yesterday.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Australian jobless number hits lowest in several years
- WAM Microcap Limited (ASX:WMI) declares special dividend, creates 31% returns
- Is this the best dividend share on the market with its 8.3% yield?
- Medical Developments International Ltd shares wobble on mixed year, U.S. uncertainty
- Did you miss the IPH Ltd (ASX:IPH) FY18 result?
One of our investors has recently returned from a research trip to Silicon Valley... and has a warning for fellow investors:
Because he works for an organization dedicated to spreading great investing ideas, his video report is free today... so you can see it and decide for yourself.
Don't miss your chance click here to learn about this warning and how you might be able to profit!
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Hansen Technologies and MyState Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Kogan.com ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.