Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.17% to 6,339.20
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.21% to 6,426.20
- AUD/USD at US 73 cents
- Gold at US$1,175.11 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$71.36 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was Ausdrill Limited (ASX: ASL), it climbed up an impressive 14% after positive credit ratings announcements.
The share price of Link Administration Holdings Ltd (ASX: LNK) climbed 6.3% after reporting a 67% increase in operating profit.
Real estate investment trust (REIT) Goodman Group (ASX: GMG) shares climbed 5.3% after reporting another increase in operating earnings.
The Estia Health Ltd (ASX: EHE) share price fell 5.1% today after reporting its annual result yesterday.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Australian jobless number hits lowest in several years
- WAM Microcap Limited (ASX:WMI) declares special dividend, creates 31% returns
- Is this the best dividend share on the market with its 8.3% yield?
- Medical Developments International Ltd shares wobble on mixed year, U.S. uncertainty
- Did you miss the IPH Ltd (ASX:IPH) FY18 result?
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Hansen Technologies and MyState Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Kogan.com ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Got $3,000? Here are 3 great ASX shares to buy – July 14, 2020 5:45pm
- ASX 200 drops 0.6% today, Afterpay share price down 7% – July 14, 2020 5:35pm
- What I’m looking for in dividend shares during COVID-19 – July 14, 2020 3:27pm