Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.85% to 6,268.30
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.79% to 6,349.80
- AUD/USD at US 74 cents
- Gold at US$1,245.11 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$74.59 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was WiseTech Global Ltd (ASX: WTC), the logistics technology company went up by 5.75%.
The share price of InvoCare Limited (ASX: IVC) climbed 2.7% after announcing another acquisition.
Village Roadshow Ltd (ASX: VRL) shares didn’t make good viewing for shareholders today, it dropped 14.5% after returning to trade.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Rural Funds Group (ASX:RFF) reveals acquisition and capital raising details
- Google parent Alphabet and ResMed Inc. agree to form new digital health company
- This is what the next phase of Trump’s trade war could look like
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison owns shares of InvoCare Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of A2 Milk and WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Freedom Foods Group Limited and InvoCare Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.