Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Monday.
Here’s a quick recap of the Aussie market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) up 0.4%
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) up 0.4%
- AUD/USD at US 80.24 cents
- Gold at US$1,325 an ounce, down 0.3%
- Oil at US$50.44 a barrel, up 0.2%
Leading the market higher today were shares of South32 Ltd (ASX: S32), which rose 2.6%. The mining business did not release any material news to the market, but its shares have risen 22% in three months.
Vocus Group Ltd (ASX: VOC), the owner of Dodo, iPrimus and other telco brands revealed that one of its directors increased his ownership of the company’s stock. Its shares rose 2.1%.
Meanwhile, cloud accounting business XERO FPO NZX (ASX: XRO) rose 2.7% after being admitted into the ASX’s list of largest 300 companies.
Weighing on the market were shares of Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Ltd (ASX: FPH), which fell 4.3% following an issuance of shares.
Meanwhile, Fortescue Metals Group Ltd (ASX: FMG) shares fell 2.7%.
Here are today’s top stories:
- Is Telstra Corporation Ltd a dog stock?
- Why I think Challenger Ltd is the best finance share
- Is Tatts Group Limited next to face disruption from an Amazon-like competitor?
Owen Raszkiewicz owns shares of Amazon. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of Amazon. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Challenger Limited, Telstra Limited, Vocus Communications Limited, and Xero. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.
- ALL ORDINARIES finishes higher Monday: 10 shares you missed – October 30, 2017 4:44pm
- Are these the secrets behind Australia’s best ASX investors? – October 30, 2017 3:43pm
- My Aussie Share Market Investing Do’s of 2017/2018 – October 30, 2017 1:13pm