Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.04% to 7,090.50
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.06% to 7,203.20
- AUD/USD at US 68 cents
- Gold at US$1,560.88 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$62.30 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was Downer EDI Limited (ASX: DOW), it went up 6% – recovering some of the decline from earlier in the week.
The share price of Netwealth Group Ltd (ASX: NWL) was another to recover today, it jumped 5.1% after yesterday’s decline.
Investors also saw value in the Cimic Group Ltd (ASX: CIM) share price, it rose 3.7% today after its painful decline earlier due to a write-off.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- What was moving this ASX small cap’s share price today?
- Should you be paying attention to this ASX 200 investment manager?
- 3 top dividend shares to boost your income
- Here’s why the NIB share price could be a bargain right now
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Insurance Australia Group Limited and Netwealth. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Virtus Health Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- Got $3,000? Here are 3 great ASX shares to buy – July 14, 2020 5:45pm
- ASX 200 drops 0.6% today, Afterpay share price down 7% – July 14, 2020 5:35pm
- What I’m looking for in dividend shares during COVID-19 – July 14, 2020 3:27pm