Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.40% to 6.821.40
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.43% to 6,936.30
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,510.57 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$68.00 a barrel
One of the best-performing ASX 200 shares today was the gold miner Silver Lake Resources Limited. (ASX: SLR), its share price rose by 7.3%.
Another gold miner was another of the top performers, the share price of Gold Road Resources Ltd (ASX: GOR) increased by around 5% today.
The share price of Independence Group NL (ASX: IGO) rose by 4.8% after saying it will allow its takeover offer for a target to lapse.
It was a pretty positive day for most shares, the worst ASX200 decline was only 2% which belonged to Ausnet Services Ltd (ASX: AST).
Another of today’s strongest performers was the lottery business Jumbo Interactive Ltd (ASX: JIN) its share price rose 5.6%.
The share price of Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT) was another strong performer, its share price went up 4.7%.
The AMP Limited (ASX: AMP) share price went up 1.6% today with the wealth business starting to build a bit of positivity for shareholders.
Finally, the share price of South32 Ltd (ASX: S32) went up 1.9% today, making it one of the leading performers in the ASX50.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- 3 actionable steps to improve your finances
- 3 top ASX dividend shares to buy for 2020 and beyond
- Forget the gym! Here are 2 New Year’s resolutions that can last
- Why I would buy Webjet and these ASX growth shares right now
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of and recommends Jumbo Interactive Limited. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Jumbo Interactive Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- The ASX 200 was mixed today, it finished down 0.1% – October 23, 2020 4:33pm
- I think the Bubs (ASX:BUB) share price is a steal – October 23, 2020 10:31am
- ASX 200 recovered throughout today, but finished 0.3% lower – October 22, 2020 4:35pm