Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Friday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.10% to 6,670.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.10% to 6,779.70
- AUD/USD at US 69 cents
- Gold at US$1,510.72 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$59.70 a barrel
Some of the leading growth shares on the ASX took a beating today. The Jumbo Interactive Ltd (ASX: JIN) share price fell by 8.4%, the Pro Medicus Limited (ASX: PME) share price decreased by 7.4% and the Afterpay Touch Group Ltd (ASX: APT) share price dropped 5.8%.
House prices are soaring in Sydney and Melbourne according to CoreLogic, which sent the share price of Domain Holdings Australia Ltd (ASX: DHG) up 1.3%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Woolworths plans to launch a cashless micro store called “MetroGo”
- 4 ASX shares to buy to profit from the recovery of the housing market
- Bapcor share price fluctuates on AGM, takeover news
- Top ASX Stock Picks for November
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of and recommends Jumbo Interactive Limited and Pro Medicus Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and NATVETCARE FPO. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Macquarie Group Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Jumbo Interactive Limited and Pro Medicus Ltd. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.