Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Thursday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.35% to 6,294.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.35% to 6,294.10
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,307.13 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$71.47 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was the Ardent Leisure Ltd (ASX: ALG) share price which rose by 4.7%.
The Qantas Airways Limited (ASX: QAN) share price declined 1.6% after it announced the abrupt departure of one of its management.
Finally, the share price of Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Ltd. (ASX: DMP) declined 1.5% today as investors studied its Domino’s Denmark acquisition.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Are Sydney’s house prices heading back to 2014 levels?
- Why the Northern Star share price is up 8% in a week
- Here’s why this top broker says buy Costa shares today
- 2 ETFs for easy investing and good returns
5 stocks under $5
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO, Insurance Australia Group Limited, and Netwealth. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Domino's Pizza Enterprises Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.