Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.53% to 5,818.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.52% to 5,904.80
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,233.90 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$72.43 a barrel
The best-performing ASX 200 share today was telco TPG Telecom Ltd (ASX: TPM), its share price rose by 3.3%.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Should you buy Webjet Limited (ASX:WEB) shares after its latest major acquisition?
- Top broker upgrades Xero Limited (ASX:XRO) shares: Should you invest?
- Better Buy: Cochlear Limited (ASX:COH) vs. CSL Limited (ASX:CSL)
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Greencross Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of Appen Ltd and WiseTech Global. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Cochlear Ltd. and TPG Telecom Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.