Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished higher on Wednesday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) higher 0.47% to 6,329.00
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) higher 0.46% to 6,415.70
- AUD/USD at US 72 cents
- Gold at US$1,194.95 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$72.34 a barrel
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why Updater Inc. (ASX:UPD) wants to de-list from the ASX
- Investors just sent Pact Group Holdings Ltd to the dog house
- DEXUS Property Group (ASX:DXS) shares surge on profit jump
- Zip Co Ltd (ASX:Z1P) shares take off following Virgin Australia Holdings Ltd (ASX:VAH) deal
When a veritable investing and entrepreneurial genius speaks, it pays to listen.
In fact, he's now preparing a $100B "war chest" to invest entirely in this "terrifying" new technology, which could spell huge profits for investors.
Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Wesfarmers Limited. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of AFTERPAY T FPO and Insurance Australia Group Limited. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Computershare and SEEK Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.