Motley Fool Australia

Top 4 ASX 100 gainers in the past week

The trading week ended last week on Thursday, 17 April, with the exchange closed for Good Friday. The S&P ASX 100 Index (ASX: ^XTO) was down 0.4% over the past five trading days. The Aussie dollar ended the week at 93.27 cents to the US$ after rising to 94.60 cents a week before.

Gold has slipped back under US$1,300/oz, closing on Friday around US$1,294/oz.

Here are top four ASX 100 gainers in the past five trading days.

Echo Entertainment Group Ltd (ASX: EGP)   price: $2.79   (+15.7%)

When the new CEO Matt Bekier assumed his position on 11 April, he announced to senior company people that normalised revenue for the March quarter was up 5.7%. The share price rallied 12% after hearing the result, which was achieved through cost cutting and marketing initiatives.

Challenger Ltd (ASX: CGF)   price: $6.72   (+5.2%)

The company and Access Capital Advisers, a global specialist investment company, announced they will merge their infrastructure investment operations starting 1 July, creating Whitehelm Capital. It will have $4 billion under management.

Staff will own 70% of the new company and Challenger’s Fidante Partners boutique funds management business will hold the remaining 30%.

Alumina Limited (ASX: AWC)   price: $1.37   (+4.6%)

The share price rose on the release of quarterly results of Alcoa World Alumina & Chemicals, which Alumina holds a 40% ownership stake in. Alumina prices and sales volumes were up and a weaker Aussie dollar helped raise earnings.

Bank of Queensland Limited (ASX: BOQ)   price: $12.95   (+4.3%)

The bank announced its interim result of a 34% gain in statutory net profit. The interim dividend was raised 14% on the previous corresponding period. It also announced that it will acquire the professional finance, asset finance and leasing businesses of Investec Bank for $440 million.

Man who said buy Kogan shares at $3.63 says buy these 3 ASX stocks now

When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for more than eight years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.*

In this FREE STOCK REPORT, Scott just revealed what he believes are the 3 ASX stocks for the post COVID world that investors should buy right now while they still can. These stocks are trading at dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks these could really go gangbusters as we move into ‘the new normal’.

*Returns as of 6/8/2020

Motley Fool contributor Darryl Daté-Shappard does not own shares in any company mentioned. 

Related Articles...