MENU

Domain Holdings Australia Limited (ASX:DHG) reports slow start to FY19

Domain Holdings Australia Limited (ASX: DHG) is the owner of Australia’s second largest property portal business Domain.com.au.

Many investors questioned what the effect would be to Domain and REA Group Limited (ASX: REA) as the property market slows.

It seems we now have the answer for Domain.

Management will say at today’s AGM that total revenue is down 1% whilst digital revenue is up 6%. Pro forma total costs are around 7% higher.

The company outlined that digital and print revenues have been impacted by lower listing and auction volumes, particularly in Sydney and Melbourne. We’ve been seeing this trend with the monthly CoreLogic numbers that are reported.

In Sydney the number of new listings were down 8% and auction volumes were down 22%. In Melbourne new listings were down 1% and auction volumes were down 18%.

Domain also said that developer revenue has been affected by the lower levels of new development projects, particularly in New South Wales.

The combination of lower revenue and higher costs is likely to produce a sizeable hit to the reported profit. The property market is unlikely to turn around anytime soon, so Domain could be facing a tough FY19 and FY20.

Foolish takeaway

Domain is currently trading at above 30x FY19’s estimated earnings. I think Domain operates in a good industry, but if it isn’t growing then I don’t think it’s worth considering at this point. If the valuation were to fall to a more reasonable level then it could be one to watch.

Instead of Domain, I’m much attracted to these top growth shares for my portfolio.

3 Top Shares To Buy Today

For many, blue chip stocks mean stability, profitability and regular dividends, often fully franked..

But knowing which blue chips to buy, and when, can be fraught with danger.

The Motley Fool’s in-house analyst team has poured over thousands of hours worth of proprietary research to bring you the names of "The Motley Fool’s Top 3 Blue Chip Stocks for FY19."

Each one pays a fully franked dividend. Each one has not only grown its profits, but has also grown its dividend. One increased it by a whopping 33%, while another trades on a grossed up (fully franked) dividend yield of almost 7%.

The names of these Top 3 ASX Blue Chips are included in this specially prepared free report. But you will have to hurry. Depending on demand – and how quickly the share prices of these companies moves – we may be forced to remove this report.

Click here to claim your free report.

Motley Fool contributor Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended REA Group Limited. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.

The 5 mining stocks we’re recommending in 2019…

For decades, Australian mining companies have minted money for individual investors like you and me. But if you believe the pundits and talking heads on TV, those days are long gone. Finito! Behind us forever…

We say nothing could be further from the truth. To earn the really massive returns, you’ve got to fish where others aren’t fishing—and the mining sector could be primed for a resurgence. That’s why top Motley Fool analysts just revealed their exciting new research on 5 ASX miners they believe could help you profit in 2019 and beyond…

Including:

The best way we see to play the global zinc shortage… Our #1 favourite large-cap miner (hint: it’s not BHP)… one early-stage gold miner we think could hit the motherlode… Plus two more surprising companies you probably haven’t heard of yet!

For free access to our brand-new research, simply click here or the link below. But be warned, this research is available free for a limited time only, and we reserve the right to withdraw it at any time.

Click here for your FREE report!