Australia’s S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO)(ASX: XJO) and ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) indices finished lower on Monday.
Here’s a short recap of the Australian market:
- S&P/ASX 200 (Index: ^AXJO) (ASX: XJO) lower 0.07% to 7,125.10
- ALL ORDINARIES (Index: ^AXAO) (ASX: XAO) lower 0.08% to 7,221.40
- AUD/USD at US 67 cents
- Gold at US$1,582.96 an ounce
- Brent Oil at US$57.16 a barrel
Bendigo and Adelaide Bank Ltd (ASX: BEN) went into a trading halt this morning for a capital raising after the regional bank reported its result with a dividend cut.
The Jumbo Interactive Ltd (ASX: JIN) share price fell 7%, making it the worst performer in the ASX 200.
The share price of Caltex Australia Limited (ASX: CTX) climbed a further 4% after the petrol company gave another takeover update.
Investors continue to exit Blackmores Limited (ASX: BKL) because of the coronavirus in China, its share price fell another 4.7% today.
Pro Medicus Limited (ASX: PME) suffered a share price setback of 6.5%, making it one of the worst performers today.
Here are some of today’s top stories:
- Why the Prospa share price is charging higher today
- This is where I would spend $10,000 on ASX shares right now
- Is Treasury Wine Estates a potential takeover target?
- 75% Dividend yield: Is the CBA share price a buy?
We hear it over and over from investors, "I wish I had bought Altium or Afterpay when they were first recommended by The Motley Fool. I'd be sitting on a gold mine!" And it's true.
And while Altium and Afterpay have had a good run, we think these 5 other stocks are screaming buys. And you can buy them now for less than $5 a share!
*Extreme Opportunities returns as of June 5th 2020
Tristan Harrison has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. owns shares of and recommends Jumbo Interactive Limited. The Motley Fool Australia's parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. recommends Pro Medicus Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia owns shares of and has recommended Blackmores Limited and Pro Medicus Ltd. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Jumbo Interactive Limited and National Storage REIT. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.
- 10 FY21 ASX share picks revealed by Bell Potter – July 1, 2020 6:06pm
- ASX 200 finishes 0.6% higher, Aussie house prices fall – July 1, 2020 5:24pm
- ASX 200 rises 1.4%, Collins Foods delivers tasty returns – June 30, 2020 5:58pm